Free Enterprise Works
Stand Up for Free Enterprise
Join us in supporting American free enterprise.
Your voice is essential, and your participation is critical.
Spotlight on Small Business
Rhythms of Success: The Free Enterprise Tune of a Small Business
Elderly Instruments CEO and Co-Owner Lillian Werbin opened State of America Business 2024. Learn more about the business.
The most prominent drivers are constant shifts in power in Washington, an increasingly partisan approach to lawmaking, and a willingness by both parties to pursue policy changes through regulation rather than legislation.
Will New Banking Regulations Be an ‘Endgame’ for Some Main Street Businesses?
An analysis by the U.S. Chamber spotlights the potential negative effects of the new Basel III 'Endgame' banking rules on businesses nationwide.
By Foxhall Parker
Chamber OnDemand Highlights
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
We believe in the power of business to improve society and create a brighter future for people, communities, and our country.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Protect Main Street LendingStand with us to ensure your local businesses can access the resources they need to thrive.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization and network. Our members range from small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country to startups in fast-growing industries, leading industry associations, and global corporations.
For all the businesses and associations we represent, we are the only organization that optimizes the relationship between government and business at scale, across the economy, and around the world.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- Small BusinessReady. Set. Scale.: Smart Tax Tips for Stress-Free FilingLive Now12:00 PM EST - 12:30 PM EST
- Small BusinessUnlocking the Potential of Small Businesses Accessing CapitalMonday, February 2610:30 AM EST - 11:30 AM EST
- RetirementSmall Business Retirement SummitTuesday, February 2709:00 AM EST - 05:30 PM EST
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
In a heartening display of bipartisan cooperation, the U.S. Senate passed a badly needed fix to banking regulations.
Stock buybacks are just another means of distributing earnings.
Keith Webster Hired to Serve as President
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Financial Services Institute, Financial Services Roundtable, Insured Retirement Institute, and Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association released the following statement today on a decision in favor of the plaintiffs by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit regarding a legal challenge to the Department of Labor’s fiduciary rule:
The U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee on March 14 voted to advance...
A company involved in a controversial case at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)—Hy-Brand—filed a Motion to Reconsider...
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue today issued the following statement regarding potential tariffs against China: “The administration is right to focus on the negative economic impact of China’s industrial policies and unfair trade practices, but the U.S. Chamber would strongly disagree with a decision to impose sweeping tariffs.
A big benefit is just on the horizon in the form of a stronger economy, with jobs more plentiful and wages rising.
U.S. exports of both goods and services to South Korea hit record levels in 2017.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue issued the following statement today in response to U.S. Senate passage of S. 2155, the “Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act,” which will alleviate regulatory burdens for America’s local and community banks:“It can be tough to achieve anything on a bipartisan basis these days, but members of the U.S. Senate proved today that helping small businesses and boosting economic growth are goals we can all get behind.